Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance - Resources - Helmsman
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance
Resources to help you manage ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) activity
The situation is quickly changing as COVID-19 is developing in the U.S. and globally, with potential impacts to your business. We care about the health and safety of our employees, customers, and communities and wanted to share some resources to help keep you informed.
- COVID-19 Workers Compensation Response: Review our approach for workers compensation (WC) claims handling and employee safety strategies during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- COVID-19 employer update – WC claims handling and care: To help manage the challenges COVID-19 is creating for new and existing claims, our workers compensation claims teams have activated a few plans to assist you better while keeping people safe. Learn more about the steps we are taking and answers some common questions from brokers and customers.
- Injured worker resources and FAQs: We know COVID-19 response is affecting injured workers. Here are some resources and answers to frequently asked questions to help injured workers with their workers compensation needs during COVID-19.
Risk control resources:
- General guidance for businesses on how to prepare for and respond to COVID-19: Review general guidance for businesses on how to prepare for and respond to COVID-19.
- Ergonomic tips to maximize your comfort when computing: With more employees potentially working from home, this checklist provides tips for staying ergonomically safe.
- Restaurant deliveries using employee vehicles: As state and federal guidelines ask that restaurant dining areas close for the safety of employees and patrons, here are some best practices for restaurants that have employees delivering food in personal vehicles.
- COVID-19: Temporarily closing a facility or downsizing operations: If you are closing a facility or downsizing operations because of COVID-19, having a facility plan can help reduce the exposure of property loss.